Click images to enlarge

Friday 6 April 2018

New project

Recently, I unsuccessfully applied for a St Hugh's Arts award to document the Lincolnshire coast. Perhaps documenting the entire coast was a bit too wide ranging and difficult to a handle in a 100 word application or perhaps the application was rubbish.

So, I think I'm starting to form something a little more concise. Quite a lot of photographers have documented the seaside (Martin Parr, Tony Ray-Jones etc) but, they have mainly concentrated on people and sociological aspects. Rather than the voyeuristic (I know, all photographers are voyeurs) and class observations, I'm more fascinated by the architecture and visual paraphernalia. It's always been the thing for me ever since I was kid in the 1960's. There's a kind of attractive dishonest beauty about it. I'm thinking this the could be the way forward, here's a couple to start with...

Skegness
Skegness
Skegness